HELPING CHURCHES HELP PEOPLE
"MOBILIZING LOCAL CHURCHES TO TRANSFORM LIVES AND COMMUNITIES IN THE NAME OF CHRIST"
Love INC of South Wood County is part of a nation-wide network of over 132 affiliates in 29 states and Kenya. Love INC National has over 40 years of experience mobilizing churches to meet the needs of its community, resulting in proven practices.
As a local affiliate, Love INC of South Wood County coordinates service with local churches, non profits, community agencies, and volunteers. We foster a relational response which brings together volunteers and resources to help neighbors who need it.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Prayer is an integral part of who we are
- We follow Christ’s example of valuing all people
- We value transformation in the lives of people and communities
- We value building Christ-like relationship, recognizing these represent the “fullness of Life”
- We are Christian, what we think, say, and do is “in the name of Christ”
- We respect unity in the Body of Christ
- We join and support Churches in living out the two great commandments to “love God” and “love our neighbors”
- We honor the connectedness of the LOVE INC movement
- We model excellence in our operation including our commitment to stewardship of all resources
We believe that people will find hope and communities will be transformed as Christians join together in unity to use their gifts and strengths to help others who need it. Existing resources operating independently are inadequate to meet current and growing levels of need. It takes churches working across denominational lines and collaborating with local agencies and organizations to meet multi-faceted needs.
We believe that as our faith is lived out through loving service, we will see everyone making progress toward the fullness of life.
LOVE INC IS:
A Christian ministry available to all
Relationship based, empowering not enabling
A long-term solution, uncovering root-cause issues
A mobilizing force to enable partner church members to use their God-given talents to help those in need
LOVE INC IS NOT:
Emergency care or services
A 24/7 response operation
A direct source of food, gas, housing, or financial assistance
A short-term solution
This heart represents why we are different.
The heart represents the love of God for all. Its unfinished edges remind us of Love INC’s grassroots, relational approach to ministry that engenders transformation in us and the people we serve. The Cross represents the foundation of the Christian Church and the unifying force of the Love INC Movement; the heartbeat of God’s love for us. The Cross is our hope for both the present and the future. The colors remind us of God’s redemptive and transforming love. Purple is a color symbolic of redemption. Red represents the blood of Jesus and the love of Christ – the supreme sacrifice He made for all of us. The entire Love INC image signifies the love we have for God, His Church, each other, and people in need.
This love identifies us, determines how we serve others, and makes us who we are.